Football
Sponsored by

Do we have new unis ?

6,818 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Daveisabovereproach
bear2be2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BigGameBaylorBear said:

I think folks are going to be disappointed if they are expecting the original colors to come back. Hopefully I'm wrong but I'm just grateful we are finally adding stripes and white numbers
I'll be happy with stripes and white numbers. At least that's a classic college design. That beats the hell out of our current middle school uniforms.
boykin_spaniel
Can we get a gold helmet again please? I get that it won't be chrome or shiny in any way but something to match one of our official colors. If Nike comes back with something lame say NO. Say green and gold not green and yellow mustard bottle.

If we stay mustard we should work on the whole stadium changing "gold" in the That Good Ole Baylor Line to "mustard" until we get gold back into the uniforms.
MT_Bear
boykin_spaniel said:

If Nike comes back with something lame say NO. Say green and gold not green and yellow mustard bottle.

Ok, go tell Nike no. Let us know how it goes.
Daveisabovereproach
MT_Bear said:

boykin_spaniel said:

If Nike comes back with something lame say NO. Say green and gold not green and yellow mustard bottle.

Well, if you're a decision-maker at Baylor, they'll go back to the drawing board. I mean, do you think that when somebody tells Nike that their design sucks and that they need to think of something different, they feel disrespected and have Don Corleone leave a dead horses head in your bed? They're a business, and while a University may be contractually required to use a Nike design, they still have input in the final product

ImABearToo
Is nike the mafia?
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
MT_Bear
Daveisabovereproach said:

MT_Bear said:

boykin_spaniel said:

Well, if you're a decision-maker at Baylor, they'll go back to the drawing board. I mean, do you think that when somebody tells Nike that their design sucks and that they need to think of something different, they feel disrespected and have Don Corleone leave a dead horses head in your bed? They're a business, and while a University may be contractually required to use a Nike design, they still have input in the final product

I thought it was obvious, but I am simply reminding that all of the people who actually get to make the decision, have. Your "no" means as much as mine. We're not getting the true gold back.
PartyBear
I'm pretty's sure Nike just makes what Baylor essentially designs and orders now. I don't think Nike is the creator of our current look. I think we took creative control away from them.
MT_Bear
ImABearToo said:

Is nike the mafia?

The point was Nike gives zero ****s about the opinions of posters here. And the people who get to make the decision have.
Daveisabovereproach
MT_Bear said:

ImABearToo said:

Is nike the mafia?

The point was Nike gives zero ****s about the opinions of posters here. And the people who get to make the decision have.

Yes, everyone knows. Is this your way of shutting down the discussion? there are threads on this board that are hundreds of pages long and full of opinions that have no bearing on the real world. Although Mack does have underlings on this site, none of them have any real power, and you're indeed correct that Mack doesn't care about our opinions. I doubt he would even read your email unless you've made a minimum six figure donation to Baylor athletics. And honestly, I don't necessarily blame him. Though it would be nice to see Baylor send out a survey to their alumni of likes and dislikes on uniforms. That would be about the only real input we'd ever get
Bearsalwayswin
best uni of all time…..all black with chrome helmet
ImABearToo
Wonder what our record was in that combo?
BBWCBear
Baylor is so irrelevant in the college football world, it would take wearing shoulder pads, an exposed athletic supporter, pink cleats for anyone to notice or care. Who cares about the unis?
BearlyBeloved
BBWCBear said:

Baylor is so irrelevant in the college football world, it would take wearing shoulder pads, an exposed athletic supporter, pink cleats for anyone to notice or care. Who cares about the unis?
Thanks for setting us all straight. You must want to puke from reading about the loyalty that so many of us feel to Baylor. I apologize that we have injured your mental health.

BBWCBear
BearlyBeloved said:

BBWCBear said:

Thanks for setting us all straight. You must want to puke from reading about the loyalty that so many of us feel to Baylor. I apologize that we have injured your mental health.

I wonder if other schools are so infatuated/obsessed with their game day ensemble? There are so many other concerns yet we get giddy waiting to see how we look in defeat on ESPN+.
BearlyBeloved
BBWCBear said:

BearlyBeloved said:

BBWCBear said:

I wonder if other schools are so infatuated/obsessed with their game day ensemble? There are so many other concerns yet we get giddy waiting to see how we look in defeat on ESPN+.
I apologize again that we loyal Baylor fans cause so much distress to your obviously-superior intellect.

You didn't happen to attend Texas A&M, did you???

BBWCBear
BearlyBeloved said:

BBWCBear said:

BearlyBeloved said:

BBWCBear said:

I apologize again that we loyal Baylor fans cause so much distress to your obviously-superior intellect.

You didn't happen to attend Texas A&M, did you???

Apology accepted.

aggy... NO, period! I go back to the days of L.G. Dupre, BU and loyalty.. You'll probably have to look that up.
MT_Bear
Passive aggressive slap fight
Daveisabovereproach
MT_Bear said:

Like when you tried to shut the conversation down a couple days ago by saying that our opinion doesn't matter to Nike as if this isn't a free message board and everybody doesn't realize that? Passive aggressive like that?
boykin_spaniel
They do indeed Mr. Dour Sour Bear
MT_Bear
Daveisabovereproach said:

MT_Bear said:

Like when you tried to shut the conversation down a couple days ago by saying that our opinion doesn't matter to Nike as if this isn't a free message board and everybody doesn't realize that? Passive aggressive like that?

LOL, breathe a little. Anyone is welcome to discuss whatever they like, and I'm not trying to "shut the conversation down." Don't sound like a snowflake. I'm making my own observations that you are welcome to disagree with. If you can't handle the snark, message boards may not be for you.
BearlyBeloved
Left snark or right snark?

PartyBear
I'm going to laugh in a gallows humor way if we are announcing the completion of Lilly's ideas and a new helmet with Baylor in cursive font across the helmet even if it is an alt logo.
boognish_bear
Hope they are not over hyping this

MrGolfguy
boognish_bear said:

Of course they are
ImABearToo
Mustard and Pickle…the sequel!
PartyBear
MrGolfguy said:

boognish_bear said:

Of course they are

Far more likely than not that they are. Baylor tends to create big build up to unveiling their worst ideas when it comes to athletics related branding such as green bear in 97 and the current unis and colors in 19.
Daveisabovereproach
PartyBear said:

MrGolfguy said:

boognish_bear said:

Of course they are

Far more likely than not that they are. Baylor tends to create big build up to unveiling their worst ideas when it comes to athletics related branding such as green bear in 97 and the current unis and colors in 19.

You were spot on with this.

Mack: ummm…you know….let's see fellas, we have the same generic boring uniform that West Virginia already had ummm….so what's something we can do to make this better? Redesign the uniforms? No. how about stripes on the shoulder pads! it's what the fans crave!
cowboycwr
PartyBear said:

MrGolfguy said:

boognish_bear said:

Of course they are

Fans- We don't like the uniforms.

Baylor- Here we added some stripes and made a "big" reveal complete with social media build up......

Fans-..........
Daveisabovereproach
cowboycwr said:

PartyBear said:

MrGolfguy said:

boognish_bear said:

Of course they are

Fans- We don't like the uniforms.

Baylor- Here we added some stripes and made a "big" reveal complete with social media build up......

Fans-..........

Mack's Minions - oh you guys would complain about anything. It was absolutely impossible for us to make changes, Nike pulled out a gun and held it to Mack's head and said you're taking these or we're breaking your legs

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.